Saturday, June 14, 2014

Back to blog

 
Oops.. Realise I have neglected this blog.

Though I'm surprised there's still view here.
 
The last I blogged here, on a breakdown in office back in Nov 2013.
How time flies.. Its Jun 2014, and so much have changed.. So much...
 
For a start, those who caused me to have mental breakdown, had left the company.
Of course, its not easy too, the fact to have someone to handover "knowledge", "know-how" of 15 years in a span of less than one month.
Not only that, was told "nothing much actually"...
 
Oh well, does that mean 15 years in the company, doing nothing, thus nothing much to hand over?
 
Fine, I'm a survivor, as always. I will survive and still surviving. :)
 
I can say, I would have consider build an okay rapport with the team.
I did my part, I worked hard, learnt hard too.
 
Wasn't an easy feat, but one that can feel satisfied with.
 
I would say my team (most of them) do bond well with me, and I do appreciate them working hand-in-hand with me.
 
After-all, all of us just want to do our work well, isn't it?
 
Start with doing weekend duty, boy, that was tiring.
Almost working everyday with no rest.
 
It is only recently that I managed to tell myself, when its scheduled off, just go for it.
(Still trying ... )
 
 
Been in my new role, does take time to get used to it.
Previously, I just need to manage myself. Now, I need to manage others (a team of 6), manage users.
 
Still remember one colleague told me this when I just weeks into my new role, and I mentioned about my fear of managing people, people whose experienced far exceed mine, who are older than me too.
 
He said, experience is something to be slowly build on.
As of now, just show others by working extra hard, putting in the time and effort. Over time, people will know and see you can and people will acknowledged your worth.
 
Valid I would say.
 
Moving on, might need to manage a team of 9-11 people. Not going be easy.
But things get smooth, I know.
 
I have Him. my faith is in Him. :)
 
 
Just got my bonus and increment. Happy.
Though no promotion this year (frankly, quite unlikely to have promotion for two years running), my CIO still got a good grade for me, thus the bonus are good.
 
Money definitely need to be saved, but it is equally important to buy something as a reward for myself.
In a way, I know, this item is purchased due to whichever reason ma.
 
Like last yr, I got myself a Tag. a present from last year bonus.
 
So this year.. Let me think think...
 
No photo to upload.. As I'm blogging while doing my duty.. Shh...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: